Most of us spend a good part of the day working our heads off in front of a computer. And it is no surprise that some of us spend even our leisure times cramped in front of guess what? Your “personal computer” again, either gaming or watching movies or reading updates in Facebook! But there are so many new activities to try out. Not only will you enjoy yourself, it will do good to your self-confidence. And who knows, you might find a new passion in life that can be your means of living in future!
1. Cooking: Living a fast life often has its drawbacks. One among many is indulging into eating habits which suits not the body but our tight schedules. The least we can do is eat healthy in free time. And the best way to do that is cooking yourself. Various exotic, healthy and even easy recipes are just a click away. Variety of spices, seasonings and sauce specific to cuisines are readily available in supermarkets. So go ahead and experiment with your culinary skills.
“There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves.”
― Thomas Wolfe
2. Dancing: There wasn’t a better time to learn dancing. Hip-Hop, salsa, bally dancing, Bollywood, contemporary are just a few among many of the dance forms you can learn. Not only will dancing do wonders to your fitness level, ladies will certainly see you in a new light. Most of the cities have dance studios with experienced dance instructors. So join one and also make a new group of friends to hang out with. But remember to put a few hours into practicing your steps everyday!
“Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.”
― Oprah Winfrey
3. Crafts: If you have a creative knack, you can make lots of new and interesting things. Like your own personalized album. Stick those loose photographs on to handmade papers and decorate it with cool accessories which you will get in M.A.D. outlets. Or you can even make your own from useless items like colourful buttons, leftover ribbons. You can even capture your thoughts when the picture was taken and other memories.
4. Reading: There is nothing better than reading a book to combat your loneliness. Books can teleport you to another world (of your choice) where you can be elated, excited, thrilled, sad and romantic all by yourself.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
5. Camping or backpacking: Every now and then we should be our wild selves which we used to be before civilization spoilt us. So take a break from city life, go trekking and camping. Breathe mountain air and sleep below the starry sky. You will be amazed to see a sky so full of stars unlike the city sky. Adventures are good for you!
“I went camping in the Maasai Mara and we moved site every night. I had no idea how spectacular it would be, how removed from ordinary life, or how many animals we would see.” -Georgina Chapman
6. Photography: There is nothing better than capturing the perfect moments in life and reliving them later. You can photograph your own family, people in general, wildlife, nature or some themes. There are all sorts of cool cameras you can buy which are not very difficult to operate too. You can even take part in photography competitions. And especially if you are into hobby no. 5, photography will definitely enhance your experience.
7. Playing guitar: You must have played imaginary guitars to look cool with your friends. Well, then buy yourself a real guitar and learn how to play it. There is nothing sexier than that. And mind you, girls absolutely fall for it, no matter what!
When I was 13, I asked for a guitar. And that’s how I really started explaining my point of view. -Katy Perry
8. Gardening: Gardening is the activity you should pursue if you like to be in touch with nature everyday. It brings out in you the caring and nurturing person you are. And apart from that you can plant your favourite veggies and eat them all year round.
9. Writing: Last but not the least, you can always pour your heart out while writing. Be it poetry, creative writing, blogs or writing in your own personal diary. Who knows you might pen a book one day.
“The universe is made of stories, not of atoms.”
― Muriel Rukeyser